Thursday, October 25, 2012

MANISH CHOUDHARY VP & MD, PITNEY BOWES SOFTWARE INDIA

Taking head-on the challenge of setting up Pitney Bowes base in India, Mr. Manish Choudhary, in 2007, moved to his native place as an expat, armed with over 10 years of cross-global experience at the PBBI headquarters at Troy, New York. Mr. Choudhary’s efforts to try to walk before he could run made him a leader who understands business at the grass-roots level. The India centre has grown to become a top employer within 5 years.

Q. Architecture and business management; you make an amazing combination. What led to it?
A. After a degree in architecture, I went to the U.S. for my postgraduation from the University of Akron, Ohio. Later, I did executive MBA from Anderson School of Management followed by a management course at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

However, I think I am more like an architect who is into sketching and painting. I believe if you make your passion your profession, it becomes difficult to maintain the passion you have. I like photography, but if I make it my career I will eventually lose interest in it.

Q. What career idea would interest you the most when you were growing up?
A. As a child I thought I would be an engineer. I always believe that things change rapidly; and I have the ability to adapt and change quickly with time. As a child, I would try different things and wait till something strikes. If things would not happen, they were never meant to happen.

Q. Share your experience of setting up Pitney Bowes in India?
A. The experience has been rewarding and I have grown on both professional and personal fronts. The experience has made me wiser and faster. I remember when I hired the first person in India, I spoke for three hours and the interviewee spoke for three minutes. The only thing he asked was ‘do you have an office’. To my no, he said he would come back once we have an office. We chose a creative way to hire, even picked up visiting cards from a restaurant bowl! click here to read full inverview...

Read More IIPM Related Articles
Zee Business Best B-School Survey 2012
Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri's Session at IMA Indore
IIPM IN FINANCIAL TIMES, UK. FEATURE OF THE WEEK
IIPM strong hold on Placement : 10000 Students Placed in last 5 year
IIPM's Management Consulting Arm-Planman Consulting
Professor Arindam Chaudhuri - A Man For The Society....
IIPM: Indian Institute of Planning and Management
IIPM makes business education truly global
Management Guru Arindam Chaudhuri
Rajita Chaudhuri-The New Age Woman
IIPM B-School Facebook Page
IIPM Global Exposure
IIPM Best B School India
IIPM B-School Detail
IIPM Links
IIPM : The B-School with a Human Face